Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Back to writing...

Here's a new confession... this lovely blog has been part of a school assignment, which explains the long delay between first and second semester postings. As I understand it, the most effective blogs (read, with the widest and most enthusiastic audience) focus on a narrow range of interest and post regularly. I'm going to try to post more regularly... not, God forbid, to get a wider audience... but in order to become a little more adept at blogs and to see if I can learn to love it.

In the long hiatus between semesters, I read a terrific book about a blogging experience: The Julie/Julia Project. It describes one woman's experience working her way through all 500-odd recipes of Julia Childs' Mastering the Art of French Cooking over a one-year period, blogging her successes and failures.

Another interesting blogging tidbit you might enjoy: review of an anthology of blogs.

I'll be updating our bedside reading stacks soon, and in the next posting or two I'll let everyone know about my courses this semester.

No comments: