Friday, February 22, 2008

Vitus

I wanted to mention a terrific movie I saw the other day. Vitus is a subtitled Austrian (I think) film about a child prodigy, and is a great glimpse of childhood talent, parents who confuse the boundaries between child and self, and normal adolescence. I wouldn't mind owning a copy of this movie.
Last night we watched The Valet, another subtitled film (original in French). Very entertaining, and it was remarkable how the same types of cuckolding schemes that I'm reading about in my English Restoration Drama class are still being used as entertainment now. I'd recommend seeing this one also, although I don't anticipate adding it to our library.
We've also just received a copy of Transformers in the mail from Blockbuster; I don't anticipate either giving a review or recommending it, but our guildmates have recommended it highly... there's no accounting for taste, is there?

No comments: